The tuition fee for our Primary PGCE and Early Years programmes for September 2017 will be £9,000.
To encourage trainees with excellent degree qualifications to enter teaching, in 2017-18 the Government will be awarding bursaries as follows:
- 1st class – £3,000
- Trainees without First Class Honours will not qualify for a bursary.
These will be paid directly to trainees by the PCP in monthly instalments from the end of October. You do not need to apply for this bursary. Trainees in receipt of a bursary are expected to seek a teaching post in England upon completion of their training.
Financial help, in the form of loans (for both tuition fees and living costs) and grants are available from the Student Loans Company.
For further information and how to apply, please visit:
- Most students won’t have to pay anything up front. There are student loans to help with tuition fees and living costs.
- Repayments are based on future earnings and not what you borrow and you only repay when you have left university and are earning more than £21,000.
- You don’t need to have accepted a place at university or college to apply for student finance. You can usually apply on line by May.
- Loans and grants may be higher if you are living away from home.
Trainees may be eligible for a maintenance grant. The amount you receive is based on household income. As this is a grant and not a loan, it is not repayable.
Further information is available on the website www.direct.gov.uk/studentfinance.
Finding accommodation is the responsibility of the trainee. No accommodation for trainees is organised by the Primary Catholic Partnership. However, we will do all we can to point you in the direction of suitable accommodation.
For help finding child care facilities, please consult http://sid.southampton.gov.uk